Testimonials: Year of the Nurse and Midwife
The World Health Organization (WHO) has declared 2020 the Year of the Nurse and Midwife, recognising the valuable contribution of Nurses / Midwives to the health of people everywhere.
As part of this, the Nursing Section of ESPNIC Society wants to celebrate the value of the nurse in Paediatric and Neonatal intensive care. Our members do an incredible job every day of the year. We want to collect feedback from other health care professionals we work with to help others understand more about the vital work we do and why nurses are valued.
How can I take part in the campaign?
I would like to get involved- what do I need to do?
- Ask your colleagues who work in your Unit and Country ‘What is the value of the PICU / NICU nurse to you?’
- You can ask anyone who is not a Registered Nurse. For example, Doctor, Physio, Pharmacist, Dietitian, Play Specialist, Social Worker...
- Using the template we provide you with, please type up their answer
- We are happy to have answers in people’s native language, but could you also provide the words translated into English to help others understand.
- Please summarise the answer to be as short as possible.
- Print it out and take a photo of your colleague holding up their answer (see detailed information below)
- Save the photo electronically and email to both ESPNIC Administration and campaign coordinator
- Alongside the photo can you also email their role eg Doctor in PICU and the country you work in
You are welcome to email through longer answers to the same address
Eg. Registered Nurse, PICU, UK
What will we do with the responses?
ESPNIC Society will use the responses in a number of ways. We will display them on the web site, use them for society promotional material and also use them to help inform journal articles planned for publication in 2020. The key thing is to help raise awareness about the value of nurses and midwives working in Paediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care.