Fellowships and Awards
The ESPNIC Medtronic Research Grant
ESPNIC Medtronic Research Grant: to improve clinical outcomes in paediatric and neonatal intensive care units using advanced monitoring techniques (such as NIRS).
The intent of the grant is to provide support to the work of ESPNIC Members in the field of paediatric and neonatal intensive care with focus on "Improvement of care through non-invasive monitoring techniques for oxygenation and ventilation in paediatric and neonatal intensive care settings". The research activities undertaken shall be with the active contribution of the applicant.
The grant in the amount of € 5'000.- is unrestricted, yet with the purpose outlined above.
Applications shall include the following information:
1. Applicant's CV
2. Project (Max 3 pages)
3. Letter of support from an ESPNIC member
5. Application form
The application procedure will be open until 15 May 2021.
More information about the collaboration between ESPNIC and Medtronic can be found here.
The ESPNIC Getinge Research Grant
The ESPNIC-Getinge Research Grant is issued this year for the third time and will support with up to 5000 Euros for a scientifically sound research project conducted by an ESPNIC member in any field of pediatric or neonatal critical care. Applications will be evaluated according to ESPNIC standard operating procedure and the evaluation may include external peer review if needed. Projects will be evaluated on the basis of their scientific level, feasibility and impact on neonatal and pediatric critical care.
The application procedure is now open until 31st May 2021.
To apply a currently valid ESPNIC membership is needed along with the following:
1. Research projects (max 3 pages, font 12 on A4 format)
2. Letter of intent
3. Provisional budget (1 table on 1 page)
4. CV of the applicant
For any further information, please contact ESPNIC Administration at firstname.lastname@example.org
ESPNIC Young Investigators Awards
The ESPNIC Young Investigator Award supports the development of research activities undertaken with the active contribution of the applicant. The specific intent is to provide support for young and talented physicians in their early career in the field of paediatric and neonatal and intensive care to present their research topic of their choice in front of a designated jury during an oral session at the ESPNIC Annual Meeting.
Up to 2 Awards will be granted. Deadline for application: 30 March 2021
To be eligible for this award, the applicant:
- Must have an accepted abstract in the programme
- Must be an ESPNIC member
- Must be aged less than 40 years
- A clear copy of ID indicating date of birth is to be included in the CV
- Content of the abstract must represent original work and not presented/ or published previously
- Request for consideration must be made on the abstract form at the time of submission
- The applicant must be the first author and presenting author of the submitted abstract
Judgment criteria will be based on:
• Scientific content
• Structure of the abstract
• Ability to defend the paper/results during question time from the audience onsite during the Congress
Abstracts will be selected for the Award during the abstract review. Selected applicants will be informed in advance and must confirm their attendance to the Meeting
• First Prize: 1200 Euro, complimentary registration and travel expenses covered up to 500 Euro to the next ESPNIC Annual Meeting and one-year complimentary membership
• Second Prize: 800 Euro, one-year complimentary membership, complimentary registration to the next ESPNIC Annual Meeting
* Prizes are awarded at the discretion of the committee and the decisions made are final.
The application procedure can be found on the ESPNIC 2021 website.