DON'T MISS ESPNIC RECOMMENDATIONS!
In order to respond actively to the COVID-19 outbreak that already affects so many European countries, ESPNIC is regularly publishing different recommendations.
- Caring for Critically Ill Children With Suspected or Proven Coronavirus Disease 2019 Infection: Recommendations by the Scientific Sections’ Collaborative of the European Society of Paediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care
- Guidance for the care of the deteriorating child or in cardiac arrest with suspected or proven COVID-19 infection - COVID-19 should be suspected in any child, particularly with fever and/or respiratory symptoms and appropriate measures instituted, also translated in different European languages.
- Nursing guidance for the care of the child with suspected or proven COVID-19 infection - prepared by the Nursing Science & Paediatric and Neonatal Care Nursing Section. Guidances include recommendations about General Measures, Airway and suctioning, Aerosol-Generating Events and how to maintain child and family-centred care. The document is available in 11 languages.
- Recommendations for mechanical ventilation of children with proven or suspected COVID-19 - this research made for Paediatric Mechanical Ventilation Consensus Conference (PEMVECC) can be easily applied for managing children with proven or suspected COVID-19
- Recommendations for the transport of paediatric and neonatal COVID19 patients prepared by ESPNIC Transport Section
- COVID-19 Pandemic Ethics Statement - information and guidance on decision-making in the time of a pandemic
- European consensus recommendations for neonatal and paediatric retrievals of positive or suspected COVID-19 patients - in collaboration with the ESPNIC transport section