Fellowships and Awards
The ESPNIC Nursing Travel Fellowship Programme
A priority for ESPNIC is to promote quality neonatal and paediatric critical care nursing throughout Europe.
ESPNIC is proud to announce the ESPNIC Travel Fellowship Programme to its Nursing members.
This Programme is to promote, foster and facilitate the exchange of knowledge and expertise between ESPNIC Nursing members in Europe.
ESPNIC will provide travel fellowships to cover registration and travel up to 500 Euro for two ESPNIC nurses to attend the EAPS 2018 congress.
Application deadline:15 September 2018
- The applicant must be an ESPNIC nursing member for more than 1 year
- The original documents (invoices), a copy of the congress confirmation form together with a detailed listing of all costs are needed for the transfer of the grant
- The grant is open to an individual application only once in a three year term
- Applications from current members of the ESPNIC EC will not be considered
Application deadline:15 September 2018. Winners will be announced by 1 October 2018.
ESPNIC Young Investigators Awards
The ESPNIC Young Investigator Award supports the development of research activities undertaken with the active contribution of the applicant. The specific intent is to provide support for young and talented physicians in their early career in the field of paediatric and neonatal intensive care to present their research topic of their choice in front of a designated jury during an oral session at our Annual Congresses.
• Must be an ESPNIC member.
• Must be < 35 years of age. Clear copy of ID indicating date of birth is to be submitted.
• CV is to be submitted.
• Content of the abstract must represent original work and not presented/ or published previously.
• The name of the presenting author MUST match the name of the applicant.
• Requests that do not conform to above terms will automatically be declined.
• Selected finalists to be informed in advance and must confirm their attendance to the Congress.
Judgment criteria will be based on:
• Scientific content
• Structure of the abstract
• Ability to defend the paper/results during question time from the audience onsite during the Congress
• First Prize: EUR 500 Award, complimentary registration and free travel to the next ESPNIC Annual Meeting (up to 500 EUR), one year complimentary membership
• Second Prize: EUR 500 Award, one year complimentary membership, complimentary registration to the next ESPNIC Annual Meeting
Abstract submition - by 21 May. Winners will be announced during the EAPS Congress Closing Ceremony.
A New Research Funding Opportunity: The ESPNIC-GETINGE Research Grant
ESPNIC has created a new exciting research opportunity thanks to an agreement with Getinge, a world known leading company in the field of critical care.
The ESPNIC-Getinge Research Grant, issued this year for the first time. will support a 5.000 Euro Research Grant for a scientifically sound research project conducted by an ESPNIC member in any field of paediatric or neonatal critical care.
Applications will be evaluated according to ESPNIC standard operating procedure and the evaluation may include external peer review if needed.
Projects will be evaluated based on their scientific level, feasibility, relevance and impact on neonatal and paediatric critical care.
Do not miss the opportunity to apply! Applications are welcomed through ESPNIC association management by emailing email@example.com. The application deadline June 1, 2018 12h00 (mean European central time) and the successful applicants will be notified in the next congress, EAPS 2018 in Paris.
To apply a currently valid ESPNIC membership is needed along with the following:
1. Research projects (max 3 pages, font 12 on A4 format)
2. Letter of intent
3. Provisional budget (1 table on 1 page)
4. CV of the applicant