- Harmonizing and improving paediatric and neonatal intensive care in Europe and elsewhere
- Developed by consensus of a demographically diverse, representative group of your peers (the European Board of Paediatric and Neonatal Intensive CareSM (EBPNICSM) and its committees)
- Built to comply with best practices and accreditation standards for European medical specialty certification program
- Two-part program available
When and where is the exam?
When will you be ready—and where is convenient for you?
Exams are administered by appointment at secure, computer-based test sites around the world. Click here to find a test centre that is ideally located for you.
AFTER you apply (see below) and are deemed “Eligible,” you will be able to schedule your exam; appointment availability varies by test centre.
What are the eligibility requirements?
Please download and review the EPIC Diploma™ Applicant Guide.
This details the eligibility requirements for Part 1 and Part 2 of the EPIC Diploma Program—including the eligibility track for Advanced Nurse Practitioners and other high-level Allied Health Professionals. The Applicant Guide also contains detailed information about the exam format, content, testing procedures, scoring, authoritative references, recertification requirements, etc.
How do I apply?
After reviewing the Applicant Guide, please click here to complete the online application.
You can apply for Part 1 only, Part 2 only (if you have already passed Part 1), or both Part 1 and Part 2.
What are the exam fees?
EPIC Diploma Exam Fees – Part 1
EUR 475: ESPNIC Member with a current residence address in a country with a High-Income economy
EUR 695: Nonmember with a current residence address in a country with a High-Income economy
EUR 325: ESPNIC Member with a current residence address in a country with a Low-Income, Lower-Middle-Income, or Upper-Middle-Income economy
EUR 565: Nonmember with a current residence address in a country with a Low-Income, Lower-Middle-Income, or Upper-Middle-Income economy
EPIC Diploma Exam Fees – Part 2
EUR 375: ESPNIC Member with a current residence address in a country with a High-Income economy
EUR 595: Nonmember with a current residence address in a country with a High-Income economy
EUR 245: ESPNIC Member with a current residence address in a country with a Low-Income, Lower-Middle-Income, or Upper-Middle-Income economy
EUR 450: Nonmember with a current residence address in a country with a Low-Income, Lower-Middle-Income, or Upper-Middle-Income economy
Country economy classifications are at http://data.worldbank.org/about/country-and-lending-groups#Low_income.
What study resources are offered to help me prepare for the exam?
- Your primary resource is the EPIC Diploma™ Applicant Guide, which provides the detailed exam specifications (topical content outline) and a comprehensive list of all authoritative references for the exam questions.
- ESPNIC has established an EPIC Diploma Candidate Study Group, to empower eligible candidates to share knowledge, work with mentors, and network with peers who also plan to take the exam. Candidates will be invited to the online Study Group upon being notified that they are eligible.
- You can (but are not required to) purchase an EPIC Diploma™ Practice Test, as a study tool. The practice test is internet-based, so you can take it any time, anywhere that you have access to a supported device and an internet connection.
Please note that the practice test is not intended to be an exact replica of the actual exam, and candidates should not rely on the practice test as an absolute guide to the actual exam or as a predictor of their performance on the actual exam.
While there are fewer test questions on the practice test than on the actual exam, the exam items on the practice test are organized along approximately the same topical domains as the exam items on the actual EPIC Diploma exam, and the practice test items have been vetted through the same rigorous process of quality control and quality assurance as the actual exam items.
The Practice Test is EUR 95 for Part 1, and EUR 95 for Part 2 (EUR 190 for both). You can purchase a Practice Test by clicking here.
- ESPNIC is organizing customized education seminars to fill any gaps between local training opportunities and the eligibility requirements and topical exam content of the EPIC Diploma (Part 1 and Part 2). If you would like ESPNIC to plan a course in your region, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know which topics would be needed by you and other EPIC Diploma candidates in your region.
If you have any questions about the EPIC Diploma program, eligibility requirements, application process, preparatory resources, or exam logistics, please email us at email@example.com. We are very happy to answer your questions and to help you prepare to be successful in your pursuit of the EPIC Diploma!
Who is pursuing the EPIC Diploma?
Paediatric / neonatal intensive care physicians, advanced nurse practitioners, and other high-level allied health professionals just like you, from all around the world.
Here are some interesting facts and figures about the demographic diversity of our EPIC Diploma applicants.
Average Age of Applicants: 40.6
Applicants’ Years of Experience